I recently discovered Away3D, the 3D engine for Flex and Flash. I’m now working for 3 weeks with this 3D engine and it is easy to consume. I started with some spheres and cubes to get use to the 3D concept. After I got bored I started a real project. For now I call that project “ImageViewer3D ” (because I couldn’t think of anything better).
Things I try to archive before I think I’m done:
- Inserting your own Array of photos (XML or component)
- Do something with the next- and previouspage button
- Tweak or perhaps maybe change some effects
- If the photos of a page are in the browser cache they all appear at the same time what causing the browser to run slow at that moment
- If the height of a photo is larger than the width the border is thicker
- etc… (more things that I forget)
I try to make a nice tool so every opinion is welcome. Positive or negative I don’t care. What effect is cool and what effect isn’t? What should be tweaked? Also feed me with new features.
UPDATE: Final release can be found here.